Offbeat is a festival of brand new theatre, comedy, dance, spoken word, family shows and more, in the heart of Oxford. It's a mini Edinburgh Fringe. It's a blind date with a show you might fall in love with. It's the perfect place to trial new work.
Offbeat 2018 takes place 22 - 30 June. We are seeking applications for exciting and innovative new shows, ready to show to an Oxford audience.
Application deadline: 9am, Monday 29 January 2018
This can be a brand new piece that you wish to preview or a production that has been performed before but is on its debut tour. We will carefully curate a rich and varied programme from the submissions we receive. The festival will cover many art forms including theatre, dance, comedy, music and spoken word. We are happy to receive applications for final stages of work in progress showings.
Shows in Offbeat are on a box office split basis: 70/30 in your favour for the BT Studio, OFS Loft and Studio - and 60/40 in your favour in the OFS Theatre (with no box office fees deducted). Ticket prices are set at £10 for the OFS Theatre and BT Studio, and £8 for the OFS Loft and OFS Studio, with a £5 ticket price for works in progress and family shows.
As part of our agreement, Offbeat will provide and pay for:
- A clean, warm and friendly venue for the agreed time and dates
- General lighting and sound rigs
- A venue technician for the get-in
- Box Office – online, on phones and in-person
- Box Office and Front of House staff for performances
- Offbeat brochure and website listings
- Display of your print at the venues
- Marketing campaign support (including social media, online listings and newsletters)
- A city-wide marketing campaign and national press campaign for the festival as a whole
You provide and pay for:
- The show
- Any technical crew you need, including an operator
- Public liability and production insurance
- PRS where applicable (approx. £10.36 per performance)
- Show print & marketing
Monday to Friday shows will be programmed in the spaces in the evening. Saturday performances will be programmed in the daytime and evening.
Shows will normally be programmed as one-off performances. We anticipate shows to be 60 minutes but we are happy to discuss shows of varying lengths.